Bank Verification Number
The Central Bank of Nigeria in collaboration with all Nigerian Banks launched Bank Verification Number (BVN) project in February 14, 2014.
New Account Application
We appreciate the opportunity to provide you with banking services and look forward to helping you reach your financial goals.
Bank Verification Number (BVN)
With the increasing incidents of compromise on conventional security systems (password and PIN), there is a high demand for greater security on access to sensitive or personal information in the Banking system.
The BVN gives each Bank customer a unique identity across the Nigerian Banking industry that can be used for easy identification and verification at Point of Banking operations.
Biometrics refers to identification of an individual based on physiological attributes- fingerprint, voice, facial features etc. To address existing challenges with identity management, the Central Bank of Nigeria, in collaboration with all Nigerian banks launched a centralized biometric identification system tagged Bank Verification Number (BVN)
The benefits of the project among others include:
- BVN gives a unique identity that can be verified across the Nigerian Banking Industry.
- Customers’ bank accounts are protected from unauthorized access.
- It will address issues of identity theft, thus reduce exposure to fraud.
- It will enhance the credit system in the Nigerian Banking Industry.
HOW TO ENROLL
- Get to any Lavender Microfinance branch and fill out enrolment form (click here to download the form)
- Present yourself for biometric data capture at the branch with any means of identification
- Enrolment Ticket ID will be issued you at the end of biometric capture exercise
- BVN will be sent to you via sms after 48 hours of enrolment
- You can check your BVN from your 9mobile, Airtel or MTN line by dialling *565*0# after 48 hours of enrolment.
Customer Care & Support
Please call the BVN support Desk on +234-803-0444-643, +234-807-4771-004.